Calendar of Events
4/16 – 6-9 p.m. Community Project Showcase
5/10 – 7-9 p.m. 7/8th Grade Hawaiian Dance parents please come inside the cafeteria at 8:55pm to watch a special 8th grade slide show
5/17 – Last day of 8th grade classes
5/20 – 7:30-10:45 a.m. – Exams for 1st & 2nd Hours – regular uniform – students must be picked up from school at 10:45 a.m.
5/21 – 7:30-10:45 a.m. – Exams for 3rd & 4th Hours – regular uniform – students must be picked up from school at 10:45 a.m.
5/22 – 7:30-10:45 a.m. – Exams for 5th & 6th Hours – regular uniform – students must be picked up from school at 10:45 a.m.
5/23 – 7:30-10:45 a.m. – Exams for 7th & 8th Hours – regular uniform
10:45-11:30 a.m. – Lunch provided – eat at school
11:30-1:00 p.m. – Graduation practice at St. Mary of the Hills – parents must pick up students at the church
2-6 p.m. – 8th Grade party for students and Parents – Non-school sanctioned event, Lake Angeles Barn – separate invitation will be coming
5/28 – 6 – 8 p.m. – Graduation at St. Mary of the Hills – Students MUST be there by 5:30 p.m. St. Mary of the Hills Roman Catholic Church, 2675 John R Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
5/29 – 6/1 – 8th Grade Trip to Washington DC
Composite Order Form – click here – composites will be distributed the night of graduation.
Permission Slip to bus students from school to church on Wednesday, 5/23, will come to parent’s email
Permission Slip to go to Washington DC, will come to parent's email
Community Project final steps and dates may be found here.
Wednesday, 4/3 – Composite pic order form and $$ due to office
Friday, 4/12 – The deadline for the pictures for the 8th grade slide show is Friday, 4/12. We LOVE pictures of all the students. However, we need you to follow guidelines below.
Please email the following pictures to Connie Currie, email@example.com, no later than Friday, April 12th. High quality digital pictures are preferred. Please put the student’s name in the subject line.
- ONE current photograph (school photos are acceptable, but not required; candid photos are best)
- ONE picture of the student as a baby or child.
- OPTIONAL – photographs of Notre Dame Marist Academy GROUP activities over the past three years. Examples would include athletic contests, class trips, retreats, band, choir, plays, clubs, field trips, holiday celebrations, dances, Irish Week, etc. Please limit to one or two pictures of any given event.
Friday, 5/10 – Hawaiian Party for 7/8th Grade – We are looking for parents to bring in items for or to help at this very special dance. A sign up will be created and posted after spring break for the needed items. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4eaeab2ba7fc1-ndpma Thank you in advance for bringing an item or volunteering to help.
Friday 5/10 – Honor cords for National Junior Honor Society – Members in good standing, cumulative G.P.A 3.50 or higher, will receive Honor Cords to wear at Mass. If you wish to purchase these as a keepsake, they are $12.50. Please place cash (ONLY) in an envelope with your student’s name on it; Include the words “Honor Cords” on the envelope. Students should turn in cord requests to Mrs. Loria. Questions may be directed to Mrs. Loria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7/8th Grade Party Dress Code: any questions, please email or call Mrs. Patterson, email@example.com – Hawaiian and Spring Casual
- Casual and Hawaiian theme clothes are appropriate for everyone. All clothing should be appropriate for our Catholic school environment. All clothing must be modest (mid-thigh or longer; not skin tight). No strapless, low-cut, or backless dresses may be worn. No bathing suits.
Last day of classes 5/17 – Students are expected to empty their lockers and take all textbooks home to study for exams. From this point on, all eighth grade lockers will be “out-of-service” to the students.
Final exams – 7:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. – Bring pencils, pens, paper, and a book to read. Water bottles and snacks are encouraged. Students are responsible for returning textbooks at the beginning of each exam. There is no bus service after exam days. Students will wear their regular uniform during exams. Note: Students may NOT study for another exam during an exam period. Please bring a book for any additional time you may have.
Graduation practice – All students must attend this practice. Parents must provide transportation from church on Thursday afternoon, May 23rd at 1:00 p.m. Students will remain in uniform at the church. They may change clothes after practice.
Graduation Mass – Graduates must be at St. Mary of the Hills Church no later than 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 28th. Graduates and their families are invited to enjoy refreshments in the parish hall following the ceremony. The Mass and ceremony together last about 1-1/2 hours. St. Mary of the Hills Roman Catholic Church, 2675 John R Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48307.
Graduation Dress Code – any questions, please email or call Mrs. Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
At this age, it’s important to teach our children to consider what’s appropriate for special occasions such as weddings, funerals, banquets, church, and graduation ceremonies. These types of events, especially 8th grade graduation, can serve as a “teachable moment” in that it is an appropriate time for your student to express him/herself in their fashion style and to meet the expectations of their school’s dress code. It is important to stress to your children that we will be in church and must dress appropriately for the occasion.
- Young Ladies: Modest dresses (mid-thigh or longer; not skin tight) or skirts (no mini-skirts), or pant suits. No strapless, spaghetti strap (less than 1”), or backless (below shoulder blades) dresses may be worn unless worn with a cardigan, shawl, or shrug. Undergarments may not show at any time. Shoes must be appropriate for church. No tennis shoes, flip flops, jeans, leggings, or shorts.
- Young Men: Dress shirts and necktie or bow tie, dress slacks, and dress shoes. Sport coats or sweaters are optional. Shoes must be appropriate for church. Undergarments may not show at any time. No tennis shoes, flip flops, jeans, leggings, or shorts. No tuxedos, hats, or novelty clothing.