Notre Dame Marist Academy - Middle Division - Grades 6-8
Notre Dame Marist Academy - News and Notes (Sept. 25, 2014)
• Tomorrow, Friday, September 26, is "Make it Matter Day" here at NDPMA. School will be dismissed at 12 noon. Tomorrow, students may wear JEANS ONLY on the bottom (no athletic pants or shorts) and any appropriate shirt onthe top. No flip flops for shoes. When in doubt bring extra clothes or wear a uniform Questions, please email Mr. Jezdimir, email@example.com. Students will be served snack and lunch at the school, you do not need to pack them any food :) Actually, there is no need for them to bring ANYTHING to school - no books, no Surface Pro's, no notebooks - NOTHING!
• All Super Raffle tickets are due tomorrow, Friday, September 26. The students may earn a jeans day on Monday and have the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off of school if 100% of tickets are turned into the school. We will let you know tomorrow if Monday is a jeans day.
• Help NDPMA Earn $2,500 from Liberty Mutual Insurance Play Positive!
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Play Positive is awarding $2,500 as part of their Play Positive Pledge program which promotes sportsmanship in youth sports.
- Here’s how it works:
Every person (18 and older) who takes the Pledge to promote sportsmanship earns one point. The five (5) organizations around the country that get the most points at the close of the period will earn $2,500.
- Let’s all work together! Simply click on the link: http://bit.ly/1CuSUXw and pledge to promote good sportsmanship. As an ADDED BONUS, students will earn a jeans day if there is 100% participation from parents. Click and take the pledge today!
• Christian Service dates and locations have been sent to your child's email accounts along with a link to sign-up. Before your student signs up, be sure they check their schedules for sports conflicts and other activities. This is a required event and will take priority over any extracurricular activity. If you need to switch events because of a conflict, it will be your responsibility to make that happen.
- Parents can use the link sent to the students or the link below to sign up as chaperones.
- There will be a reminder each month on the Haiku Calendar with the link.
• School pictures - your student received their school portrait this week. If you are unhappy with their portrait, retakes will be on October 7th. If you didn't order yet, there is still time. Follow the instructions below:
1. Go to mylifetouch.com
2. Log in with your Portrait ID and Access Code, which is on your portrait package insert.
• Open to all mothers with children in any of the three divisions at NDPMA is the new Marist Moms group. The group will meet twice a month on Mondays from 8:00am to 10:30am in the cafeteria at the Upper Division. We will be starting on Monday, October 6th and this year we will be doing the bible study “Mary- A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother.” Filmed on location in the Holy Land, this study will place you in the midst of the powerful drama of Mary’s earthly life. You will learn how our Blessed Mother works in our lives today, drawing us ever closer to her Divine Son. Please send in your registration form (click here) and include a check for $30.00 to cover materials to the Campus Ministry department. If you have any questions please contact Mary Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Notre Dame Alumni Association is proud to host the 1st ever Notre Dame 5k fun run/walk. The event will take place right here on campus on October 4 at 8:30 a.m. starting at the lower division parking lot spanning both campuses. This event is open to the entire Notre Dame community (students, parents, faculty, staff and alumni). The cost to register is $22. Children 10 and under are free. You may register online at ndmpa.org.
Upcoming Dates for your calendar:
26 End of Phase 1
26 "Make it Matter Day" - Whole School Liturgy and Early Dismissal (12 noon)
30 Late Start - classes begin at 9:35 a.m.
2 Middle Division Fall Choir Concert 7 PM Cafetorium
4 5K fun run/walk
7 JK - 12 Liturgy
7 Picture Retake Day (MD 10-11:30)
8 Gold Block Day - Odd Hour Classes
9 Green Block Day -Even Hour Classes
15 ACT Aspire Testing Grades 6-8; Dismissal 11:30
16 Early dismissal; 1:40, JK-12 Liturgy; Parent/Teacher Conferences 5-8:30 PM
17 No School; Parent Teacher Conferences 8-11 AM
22 Gold Block Day - Odd Hour Classes
23 Green Block Day -Even Hour Classes
25 Prep Bowl
26 Open House
27 No School
28 Late Start - classes begin at 9:35 a.m.
28 Middle Division Fall Sports Banquet
Notre Dame Marist Academy
1300 Giddings Road
Pontiac, Michigan 48340