Open House 2018 featured Notre Dame’s new science, art and technology wing and the No. 1 Catholic high school in the state.
More than 400 visitors signed in today during the 2018 edition of Notre Dame's all-school fall open house. Those on campus Sunday had a chance to experience the school's pre-kindergarten through 12th grades and an academic program that includes the prestigious International Baccalaureate program.
They also learned that NDPMA had earned the No. 4 ranking of all K-12 schools in Michigan and that its upper division picked up the No. 1 ranking of all Catholic high schools in Michigan for the third time in four years.
Open house visitors also discovered that Notre Dame. . .
. . .has opened a stunning new science, art and technology wing
. . .was the first Catholic school in the nation to offer the International Baccalaureate curriculum from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade (IB-PYP, IB-MYP and IB-DP)
. . .is the only Catholic school in Michigan to offer all three programs
. . .is the only school in the state with the International Baccalaureate curriculum from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade (IB-PYP, IB-MYP and IB-DP)
. . .was named one of the nation’s Top 50 Catholic schools four times since 2005
. . .has 50+ music, theatre and visual-arts opportunities
. . .has earned well more than 200 athletic championships in its 23 years
. . .is a CYO-member school (athletics)
In addition, visitors to the Notre Dame campus learned that Notre Dame graduates are more than well-prepared for success. How do we know that? NDP students are routinely sought after by the top colleges and universities in the nation? Here are a few facts to prove it:
1. Notre Dame students were accepted to more than 160 colleges and universities in 2018.
2. Notre Dame routinely sees 100% of its graduating seniors accepted to a four-year college and university.
3. Each member of the Class of 2018 on average earned acceptance to four (4) four-year colleges and/or universities
4. The Class of 2018 earned more than $16 million in merit-based scholarships, which works out to more than a $84,000 average for each member of the class.
5. The Class of 2018 averaged 26.9 on the ACT, including 61 students who scored a 30 or above on the test.
6. Twenty-two graduates filled out the Class of 2018's valedictory court and there were 66 candidates for the prestigious International Baccalaureate diploma, a record for the school.
For more information: check out www.ndpma.org, or
Notre Dame Preparatory School (9-12)
1300 Giddings Rd., Pontiac
Notre Dame Marist Academy (6-8)
1300 Giddings Rd., Pontiac
Notre Dame Marist Academy (PK-5)
1425 Giddings Rd., Pontiac
Comments or questions? email@example.com.
Follow Notre Dame on Twitter at @NDPMA.
About Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy
Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy is a private, Catholic, independent, coeducational day school located in Oakland County. The school's upper division enrolls students in grades nine through twelve and has been named one of the nation's best 50 Catholic high schools (Acton Institute) four times since 2005. Notre Dame's middle and lower divisions enroll students in jr. kindergarten through grade eight. All three divisions are International Baccalaureate "World Schools." NDPMA is conducted by the Marist Fathers and Brothers and is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States and the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement. For more on Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy, visit the school's home page at www.ndpma.org