Open House 2017 to feature Notre Dame’s ‘world of education’ and the number 1 Catholic high school in the state.
Join hundreds of interested parents and their children who will be attending Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy's 2017 Open House on Sunday, November 5, from 1 to 4 p.m. They — and you — will experience the school's junior-kindergarten through 12th grades and learn about what the school's lower, middle and upper divisions have to offer in terms of an overall excellent educational experience and the school’s rigorous International Baccalaureate program, all of which helped Notre Dame Prep earn the top ranking of all Catholic high schools in Michigan.
Open house visitors also will discover that Notre Dame. . .
. . .is building a new science, arts and technology wing scheduled to open in the fall of 2018
. . .was the first Catholic school in the nation to offer the International Baccalaureate curriculum from junior-kindergarten through 12th grade (IB-PYP, IB-MYP and IB-DP)
. . .is the only Catholic school in Michigan to offer all three programs
. . .is the only school in the state with the International Baccalaureate curriculum from junior-kindergarten through 12th grade (IB-PYP, IB-MYP and IB-DP)
. . .was named one of the nation’s Top 50 Catholic schools four times since 2005
. . .has 50+ music, theatre and visual-arts opportunities
. . .has earned well more than 200 athletic championships in its 23 years
. . .is a CYO-member school (athletics)
In addition, visitors to the Notre Dame campus will learn that Notre Dame graduates are more than well-prepared for success. How do we know that? NDP students are routinely sought after by the top colleges and universities in the nation. And here are 10 facts to prove it:
1. Notre Dame students were accepted to 150 colleges and universities in 2017.
2. Notre Dame routinely sees 100% of its graduating seniors accepted to a four-year college and university.
3. Each member of the Class of 2017 on average earned acceptance to four (4) four-year colleges and/or universities
4. Eighty-two percent of the Class of 2017 earned a merit scholarship for college.
5. The 176 students in the Class of 2017 earned more than 500 scholarships.
6. The Class of 2017 earned scholarships to 29 Catholic colleges and universities.
7. The Class of 2017 earned more than $21 million in merit-based scholarships, which works out to more than a $124,000 average for each member of the class.
8. Sixty-two students in the Class of 2017 gained acceptance to the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor).
9. Seven students in the Class of 2017 gained acceptance to the University of Notre Dame.
10. The Class of 2017 saw students accepted into 20 of U.S. News & World Report’s Top 50 schools.
For more information: check out www.ndpma.org, or
Notre Dame Preparatory School (9-12)
1300 Giddings Rd., Pontiac
Notre Dame Marist Academy (6-8)
1300 Giddings Rd., Pontiac
Notre Dame Marist Academy (Jr.K-5)
1425 Giddings Rd., Pontiac
Comments or questions? firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy
Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy is a private, Catholic, independent, coeducational day school located in Oakland County. The school's upper division enrolls students in grades nine through twelve and has been named one of the nation's best 50 Catholic high schools (Acton Institute) four times since 2005. Notre Dame's middle and lower divisions enroll students in jr. kindergarten through grade eight. All three divisions are International Baccalaureate "World Schools." NDPMA is conducted by the Marist Fathers and Brothers and is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States and the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement. For more on Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy, visit the school's home page at www.ndpma.org.