The High School Placement Test (HSPT) is a measure of a student’s basic abilities and educational achievement. Notre Dame Preparatory School uses test scores of applicants to aid in determining admission, proper placement within our curriculum, and scholarships. The HSPT at Notre Dame will be given on:
Saturday, November 17, 2018 (8 a.m. to Noon)*
Saturday, December 1, 2018 (8 a.m. to Noon)*
Saturday, February 2, 2019 (8 a.m. to Noon)
Saturday, March 2, 2019 (8 a.m. to Noon)
*Results from November and December tests will determine academic scholarships to NDP.
Please follow this link to register: http://Detroit.stsusers.com.
1) Online registrations through STS will be accepted until 12:01 a.m., the day before the test. If space is available, students may register in person the morning of the test provided they arrive by 7:30 a.m., and bring $40 in cash or check made payable to NDPMA.
2) Pre-registered students should report to Notre Dame's main entrance by no later than 7:50 a.m.
3) Depending on the number of test takers, the HSPT at Notre Dame may be given in the gymnasium, cafeteria or a classroom.
4) Students taking the HSPT at Notre Dame are asked to bring two sharpened #2 pencils (no calculators) and a bottle of water. (Notre Dame will provide a snack during a break.)
5) The test will run from 8 a.m. to noon.
6) A student may take the HSPT one time only. Scores may be reported to multiple schools.
TESTING PREPARATION TIPS
1. Be sure to sleep well on successive nights leading up to the test.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of the test.
3. Stay hydrated. (Water helps with memory and thinking.)
4. Relax. You will do fine!