Notre Dame's upper and middle schools were well-represented at Saturday's Luck of the Irish Speech and Debate Tournament held at the NDPMA's main campus in Pontiac. Congratulations go out to middle schoolers:
• Tessa Boehme (6), Mariana Ricci (6), Arayana Ryeson (6), Katie Schaldenbrand (6), and Laura Schmidt (6) for first place in Multiple Interpretation with "Riddles in the Dark" from J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit."
• Manath Mohindra (8) for 1st place in Poetry Interpretation
• Laura Schmidt (6) for 1st place in Prose Interpretation
• Manath Mohindra (8) for 4th place in Original Oratory, with Mariana Ricci in 5th place and Aryana Ryeson in 6th
• Palmer Wencley (8) with 2nd place in Broadcasting and Katie Schmidt in 3rd
• Tessa Boehme (6) in 5th place for Impromptu Speaking
• Katie Schaldenbrand (6) for 5th place in Informative Speaking
• John Jernigan (7) for 4th place in Congressional Debate, with Palmer Wencley in 5th and Katie Schmidt in 6th
• Palmer Wencley (8) in 2nd place in A Bit of Blarney, with John Jernigan in 3rd and Katie Schmidt in 4th
Also, in the Big Questions Debate Finals, Laura Schmidt took 4th, Marisa Ricci came in 3rd, with Mariana Ricci in 2nd, and, winning a $300 speech and debate scholarship was Palmer Wencley in 1st place.
Upper school accolades
Congratulations to the upper-school participants in the Luck of the Irish Tournament over the weekend. In the Big Questions Debate, freshman Nick Laurencelle took third place, junior Joey Joppich took second place, and congratulations to junior John Kenny for taking first place.
Congratulations also to Kenny on getting first place in the Congressional tournament, Joppich for second place, and Lars Boehme for third place, qualifying all for the national tournament.
Another congratulations to Kenny for winning first place in the Bit o' Blarney competition, proving that he is the best "liar" at NDP for the second year running!
Now, it's on to states!
Comments or questions? email@example.com.
About Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy
Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy is a private, Catholic, independent, coeducational day school located in Oakland County. Notre Dame's upper school enrolls students in grades nine through twelve and has been named one of the nation's best 50 Catholic high schools (Acton Institute) four times since 2005. Notre Dame's middle and lower schools enroll students in pre-kindergarten through grade eight. All three schools are International Baccalaureate "World Schools." NDPMA is conducted by the Marist Fathers and Brothers and is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States and the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement. For more on Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy, visit the school's home page at www.ndpma.org.