Tuition, Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Notre Dame Preparatory School: $13,799
- Notre Dame Marist Academy—Middle Division: $12,348
- Notre Dame Marist Academy—Lower Division: $9,600
The cost of tuition for Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy is set each year by the NDPMA Board of Trustees. Tuition rates for the following school year are announced in January.
Notre Dame families pay tuition on a 12-month calendar, beginning with a registration fee payment in late January/early February of the preceding school year. (For example, families enrolling an accepted student for the 2015-16 school year will be able to register in late January/early February 2015.) After registration, tuition payments are due on the 1st of every month, from March through January. Families who enroll their children any time after February are expected to make tuition payments current to their date of registration.
Scholarships, Discounts, and Financial Aid
Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy scholarships, discounts and financial aid grants are an outward sign of our commitment to building a student body that epitomizes the mission of the school. Therefore, scholarships and discounts are designed to affirm in students the attributes tied to our mission of forming Christian People, Upright Citizens, and Academic Scholars. Financial aid is meant to support mission-driven families of limited means in their pursuit of a faith-based, college-preparatory education.
While Notre Dame is happy to partner in helping families afford our school, we do expect each family to stretch their financial resources to meet a fair portion of the cost of tuition. Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy financial aid resources are limited and, as a result, not all students who are admitted will be eligible to receive financial aid. NDPMA is fortunate to have many outstanding applicants. As there are not enough funds available to cover every accepted applicant's need, we first fund the students we believe understand the mission of our school and show the ability to be successful in the rigors of a college-preparatory curriculum. Therefore, students receiving financial aid must:
· reach a minimum GPA of 2.75 for the previous school year.
· complete and document the required community service for NDPMA.
· contribute to the school community by participating in school-sanctioned extracurricular activities.
· maintain an acceptable discipline and attendance record at NDPMA.
Financial Aid Application Process
1. Apply to and be accepted at Notre Dame Preparatory or Marist Academy.
2. Register for school at Notre Dame Preparatory or Marist Academy. (Families interested in aid may register for a reduced rate if approved by the Admissions Office.)
3. Submit personal financial documents and an application through Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST). The initial deadline for financial aid is March 15. While applications are accepted after March 15, financial aid funds are more limited after this initial deadline.
4. Make monthly tuition payments until financial aid decisions are complete in June.
If after being informed of the decision regarding financial aid the family determines the award to be insufficient, all previous tuition payments may be refunded.
Financial Aid Awards
Families applying for financial aid on or before March 15 will be notified of awards by June 1. In most cases, financial aid awards are posted to student accounts on September 1. Because of the limited nature of NDPMA’s financial aid budget, the typical financial aid award for a student ranges from $1,000 to $4,000. While larger amounts – as much as half tuition – are awarded, these are reserved for students with significant need and great academic promise.
Scholarships and Discounts
NDPMA Family Discounts: Families with multiple children enrolled at NDPMA are eligible for discounts on tuition. The multiple child discounts are as follows: 5% for the second student, 10% for the third, 100% tuition for the fourth, fifth, etc.
NDPMA Alumni Awards: The children of Notre Dame Preparatory School, Notre Dame High School (Harper Woods), Oakland Catholic and Pontiac Catholic alumni are eligible for yearly discounts in tuition at Notre Dame Preparatory School and Notre Dame Marist Academy. The Alumni Award is $1,000 for the first student and is prorated for additional students. Alumni awards cannot be combined with other merit, academic or financial aid awards.
NDP Diversity Scholarship: Students entering the Upper Division (grades 9-11) of Notre Dame may qualify for a Diversity Scholarship for the first year of attendance at NDP. The Diversity Scholarship is based on student responses to the diversity statement (6b.) on the Student Questionnaire portion of the NDPMA application for admission.
ND Marist-Lower Division Tuition Credit: Beginning in 2008-2009, NDPMA began a tuition credit program at the Lower Division. Upon successful completion of each year at the Lower Division, every student earns a $500 Tuition Credit to be applied to tuition at the Middle Division and/or Preparatory School. For students entering in the 2008-2009 school year or later, the maximum amount – for a student beginning at the age of 3 and finishing in Grade 5 – is $4,000. Tuition Credit may be applied at once or spread out over many years between grades 6 and 12. Tuition Credit is non-transferable.
ND Marist-Lower Division Referral Reward: Any current Lower Division parent whose name is listed as a referrer on a prospective Lower Division student application will be eligible to receive a $300 reward should that student be admitted and registered. Once the referral is recognized and approved, the reward will help defray the referrer's next tuition payment.
ND Marist-Middle Division Merit Scholarships: Students entering Grade 6 may qualify for one-year Merit Scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,000. Merit Scholarships are awarded to the top students who participate in Scholars Day on Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015.
2015 Scholars Day Qualifications:
· The student must be an applicant to Notre Dame Marist Academy and currently in Grade 5.
· The student must have completed the admission process for Notre Dame Marist Academy on or before Jan. 16, 2015, including: application, Iowa test score, teacher evaluations, records and interview.
· The student must RSVP to Scholars Day by Feb. 13, 2015, to reserve a spot.
· The student must be able to participate in Scholars Day on Feb. 28, 2015, between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
ND Prep Academic Scholarships: Notre Dame Preparatory offers academic scholarships ranging from $500 to $2,000. Students entering Grade 9 qualify for academic scholarships based on scores above the 85th percentile on the High School Placement Test (HSPT). NDP honors results of the HSPT from November or December of 8th grade. Students scoring above the 95th percentile are eligible for scholarships that are renewable each year based on academic success.
Fr. Jean-Claude Colin Founder’s Award: This award is inspired by the writings of the Founder of the Marist Fathers, Fr. Jean-Claude Colin. The Founder’s Award is given to five students in each incoming freshman class. The award is $4,000 for freshman year and may be renewed for $2,000 in sophomore, junior and senior years. Applicants to NDP are not required to apply separately for the Founder’s Award.
Founder’s Award candidates are evaluated based upon the following criteria:
· The student is in Grade 8 at a Catholic school, Walton Charter Academy, or participant in Yes for Prep.
· The student has earned a composite score above the 85th percentile on the HSPT.
· The student has completed the admission process for Notre Dame Prep before Jan. 16, 2015.
· The student has an exceptional academic history, as well as a record of service, citizenship and leadership in his/her school, community, and/or parish.
The Founder’s Award is a renewable scholarship. The Award recipients are eligible for $2,000 of renewable scholarship based upon:
· a cumulative grade point average at or above 3.85 at NDP.
· participation in a minimum of two school-sanctioned extracurricular activities.
· completion of enhanced Christian service requirement through NDP Campus Ministry.
ND Prep Fine and Performing Arts Scholarships: Notre Dame Preparatory School awards performance-based fine and performing arts scholarships for the freshman year. The band and choir scholarships of up to $1,000 are based on electronic submissions of instrumental or vocal performances to the band or choir directors. The visual arts scholarships of up to $1,000 are based on electronic submissions of artwork judged by the visual arts department. Art submissions and auditions are due on an appointed date in early April each school year. (The deadline for 2015 will be announced soon.)
Students qualifying for scholarships will be notified by mail. Academic, Diversity and other merit-based scholarship awards for NDP applicants will be included in the student acceptance letter. Fine and Performing Arts scholarship recipients will be notified by mail by May 1. In most cases, scholarship awards are posted to student accounts on September 1.