Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy Parents Club 2019 Super Raffle Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY – Raffle tickets for the Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy Parents Club 2019 Super Raffle (the “Raffle”) shall be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older at the time of purchase. This does not prohibit the purchase of a Raffle ticket by an eligible person who is 18 years of age or older for the purpose of making a gift to a person who is under the age of 18, and does not prohibit a person who is under 18 years of age from receiving a prize or prizes won in a raffle. Employees, trustees, officers and volunteers of Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy (the “School”), as well as members of their immediate families (i.e., spouse, children, parents and siblings) and persons residing in their homes, may enter the Raffle, provided that they are otherwise eligible as provided in these Rules. The individual whose name is printed on the Raffle ticket is the entrant and the owner of the Raffle ticket, even if another individual has paid the purchase price for the Raffle ticket. Any transfer or assignment of a Raffle ticket or the proceeds of a winning Raffle ticket is void, except in the event of an entrant’s death unless the School determines otherwise in its unreviewable discretion.
2. HOW TO ENTER – To enter this Raffle, a Raffle ticket must be purchased from a designated School Raffle representative. The purchase price is $10.00 per Raffle ticket and must be paid in full at the time of purchase, in order for the Raffle ticket to be entered in the Raffle drawing. The purchase price is non-refundable. Write all the required information on the ticket stub and give the stub to the designated School representative with payment by cash or check. Payment by debit card is not accepted. Make checks payable to the NDPMA Parents Club. Only one Raffle ticket needs to be purchased to enter this Raffle, but there is no limit to the number of times a person can enter. Entrants may only win one (1) prize in this Raffle.
3. RAFFLE TICKET SELLING PERIOD – The ticket selling period for this Raffle begins at 12:01 a.m. on July 1, 2019 and ends at 8:45 p.m. on October 5, 2019. All times are local to Pontiac, Michigan.
4. ADMINISTRATION – The School shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries. If the administration or integrity of this Raffle is compromised or corrupted at any time, the School reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from participation in the Raffle or to modify, suspend or cancel this Raffle. In the event of any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any aspect of this Raffle or undermine its legitimate operation, the School reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
5. DRAWING – Seven (7) randomly drawn tickets will be selected at 9 p.m. on October 5, 2019, unless announced otherwise by the School on its website or by other means of public communication, by a representative (or designee) of the School in the School’s Main Gym in Pontiac, Michigan. If the drawing cannot be held or completed for any reason on October 5, 2019, the drawing will be conducted at 10 a.m. on October 6, 2019 at the School’s Main Gym in Pontiac, Michigan, unless the School announces otherwise on its website or by other means of public communication. A “winner” is the individual whose name is printed on a ticket drawn during the random drawing. A Raffle prize shall be awarded only to an entrant who is an eligible the participate in the Raffle. Winners need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by the School via telephone, electronic mail (e-mail) or United States Postal Service mail, beginning on approximately October 6, 2019. Each winner must accept the prize per the requirements specified in Section 9 (Requirements of Winners) of these 2019 Super Raffle Drawing Rules (the “Raffle Rules”). Any prize not claimed or for which the winner cannot be located within sixty (60) days from the date of the drawing shall be distributed in accordance with one of the following methods, at the School’s discretion: (a) the School shall conduct another drawing using the original pool of ticket stubs, or (b) with the prior written approval of the State of Michigan, Bureau of State Lottery in accordance with its published rules, the prize(s) shall be donated to the School. Failure to claim any prize within the preceding specified time period will result in the winner’s disqualification. The School shall not have any liability or responsibility for damages for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Raffle tickets sold to eligible entrants.
6. AWARDING OF PRIZES – At the random drawing, the following seven prizes will be awarded: First Prize – $50,000; Second Prize – $10,000; Third Prize – $5,000; Fourth Prize – $2,500; Fifth Prize – $1,000; Sixth Prize – $1,000; and Seventh Prize – $1,000. Only one prize will be awarded per entrant. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes, fees, and surcharges on any prize awarded, including federal, state and local income taxes. The School will report, withhold and remit to taxing authorities amounts from prizes as required by applicable federal, state and local law.
7. DELIVERY OF PRIZES – The School will deliver prizes to winners as specified in Section 9 of these Raffle Rules (Requirements of Winners).
8. RELEASE – By entering this Raffle, each entrant (including the purchase or the Raffle ticket if a different individual) thereby releases the School and its trustees, officers, employees and volunteers from any and all liability and damages of any kind whatsoever, and releases any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Raffle, the drawing or the acceptance, use of or inability to use, or participation in or inability to participate in this Raffle and the drawing, or use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other legal theory.
9. REQUIREMENTS OF WINNERS – Each winner will be required to complete and return to the School, within fourteen (14) days of receipt of such documents from the School: (1) a Certification of Eligibility, (2) Internal Revenue Service Form W-9, and (3) such other documentation, if any, as the School may require, in order to be awarded the winner’s prize. Failure to do so may result in disqualification and the selection of (an) alternate winner(s), without notice to the winner. Prizes will be mailed to each winner, unless a winner arranges to pick-up a prize from the School. Acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify a winner's consent to the use of his/her name, address (city and state only), voice and/or photograph for commercial, advertising and promotional purposes by the School without further compensation.
10. RAFFLE RULES BINDING – By entering this Raffle, entrants affirm that they have read, accepted and agree to be bound by these Raffle Rules. The School’s interpretation of these Raffle Rules and related decisions are final, binding and conclusive on entrants and purchasers of Raffle Tickets. The School reserves the right to modify or amend the Raffle Rules at any time to comply with applicable legal requirements, including without limitation gaming or lottery statutes, rules or regulations. The laws of the State of Michigan apply to and govern this Raffle. Entrants and purchasers of Raffle tickets must give the School written notice of any legal claims or disputes within sixty (60) days of the drawing or any such claims and disputes are null, void and not actionable. Entrants and purchasers of Raffle tickets agree to resolve all claims or disputes in a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Michigan. These Raffle Rules will govern in the event of a conflict between any marketing, advertising, promotional or other information relating to the Raffle or statements made by any representative of the School, and these Rules.
11. LIST OF WINNERS – Winners of this Raffle will be posted on the School’s website (http://www.ndpma.org) following the drawing. To obtain a list of winners, print the list of winners from the School’s website or send a self- addressed, stamped envelope to: 2019 Super Raffle Winners, Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy, 1300 Giddings Road, Pontiac, MI 48340. Winners may be identified in other School publications.
12. COPYRIGHT – This Raffle and all accompanying materials are Copyright © 2019 Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy. All rights reserved.
13. OBTAINING RAFFLE RULES – The Raffle Rules are posted on the School’s website (http://www.ndpma.org) and in the School’s administrative office located at 1300 Giddings Road, Pontiac, MI 48340. To obtain a written copy of the Raffle Rules, print the Raffle Rules from the School’s website or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Raffle Rules, Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy, 1300 Giddings Road, Pontiac, MI 48340.
14. RAFFLE LICENSE – This Raffle is conducted pursuant to the State of Michigan, Bureau of State Lottery, Charitable Gaming Division, Large Raffle License No. R52678. The Raffle licensee is Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy Parents Club. These Raffle Rules are intended to qualify as “house rules” for the conduct of a raffle pursuant to Michigan Administrative Rule 432.21510 promulgated by the State of Michigan Bureau of State Lottery, or as it may be amended or superseded by any successor rule. The Raffle Rules are effective July 1, 2019. The Raffle is void where prohibited by law.