COVID-19 OUTBREAK DASHBOARD
To protect the health of our school community, Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy will provide public notice to our school community regarding school-associated cases of COVID-19. Within 24 hours of being notified of a school-associated case by the Oakland County Health Division (OCHD), this dashboard will be updated to include new and cumulative COVID-19 case counts.
Individuals identified as close contacts of school-associated cases will be notified separately and directly by the OCHD.
Updated: Sept. 21, 2021 - 2:00 p.m.
STATUS OF INSTRUCTION AND SCHOOL-SPONSORED FUNCTIONS
- Instruction: In-person learning at the preparatory, middle and lower school remains unchanged.
- School-Sponsored Functions: All clubs and co-curricular activities are following the guidelines set forth by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and Michigan High School Athletic Association.
SCHOOL-ASSOCIATED COVID-19 CASES
The OCHD provides weekly notice of new school-associated case(s) of COVID-19 amongst the Notre Dame school community. This data may include probable and confirmed cases as reported by OCHD among students, staff, administration, coaches, or visitors, if the person with COVID-19 was in the building or participating in a school-sponsored function during their infectious period.
Our school will continue to take every precaution necessary. This includes regular classroom cleaning and encouraging students to follow best practices for hygiene such as handwashing, etc.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places where transmission is considered substantial by the CDC and MDHHS.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 3 feet apart).
- Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60 percent alcohol).
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
- Answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Those members of the school community who were or are suspected to have been in close contact with a school-associated case will be notified by Notre Dame and/or the Oakland County Health Division.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
If you have any questions, contact the Oakland County Health Division at 248-858-1280. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus