Dear Notre Dame Preparatory School and Notre Dame Marist Parents:
We are setting up the bus routes and stops for the 2nd semester of 2020-2021 school year.
Service will begin Tuesday, January 5, 2021!
Notre Dame Preparatory School and Notre Dame Marist bus routes will offer service from the (A) Shelby
Twp./Rochester Hills, (B) Oakland Twp./Rochester Hills, (C) Waterford/White Lake/Commerce, (D)
Clarkston/Lake Orion, and (E) Woodward Corridor South areas. Routes and stops will be established by transportation requests received. Keep in mind that stops and routes are not guaranteed! Please see Transportation web links for sample stops and descriptions, i.e. A, B, C, D and E.
The bus routes will be open to Notre Dame Preparatory School and Notre Dame Marist UD, MD and LD students and will follow only the Notre Dame Preparatory School daily schedule. The actual route the bus takes and the location (number) of bus stops are subject to change based on the actual number of students enrolling for bus service for each school year and each semester. We do our best to accommodate all families with stops as close to the house as possible, without door to door service.
All bus fees must be paid in advance of each semester and are non-refundable once service begins, including annual pass. The bus fee has been set at $1430.00 for an annual pass (both semesters/round trip, per student), $750.00 per semester/per student for round trip service, or $375.00 for one-way service (either AM or PM). Daily passes for students needing occasional service will be available for $9.00 per one-way ride. Daily passes MUST be purchased from either the Notre Dame Prep or Notre Dame Marist (MD) office before riding the bus. No new stops can be added to accommodate occasional riders. You must complete this online form and remit with payment to NDPMA office or by mail. Make your check payable to NDPMA.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to call me for assistance.
Transportation Coordinator, NDPMA
Students are expected to conduct themselves in a respectable courteous manner. Failure to comply with requests of the bus driver or improper behavior may result in disciplinary action by the administration and/or loss of bus service. To insure the safety of everyone on the bus, it is important that all students cooperate with the following rules:
- Students must always follow the directions of the bus driver immediately.
- Students are expected to maintain proper behavior while waiting to board the bus, both in the morning and in the afternoon at the school.
- Students are to remain seated at all times – no changing seats or standing up.
- Students are not to put their arms or heads outside the windows.
- Students are not to throw anything inside the bus or out the windows.
- Students are not to use improper language or gestures.
- No fighting or other disruptive behavior will be tolerated.
- No yelling or unnecessary loud noise on the bus will be allowed (students may only use radios with earphones).
- The main aisle of the bus must remain clear at all times.
- Students are expected to keep the bus clean. Food wrappers and other items are to be disposed of properly (a wastebasket is located in the front of the bus). NO CHEWING GUM ALLOWED!
- Cellular phones are to be used for phone calls only, picture taking or recordings are prohibited!
- All windows must be put up before the student leaves the bus.
- Students guilty of vandalizing the bus will be held accountable for the cost of repairs.
- Students must be at their scheduled stop 5 minutes prior to the time stated on the route sheet. The driver cannot wait for late students.
PLEASE KEEP A COPY OF THESE RULES AT HOME FOR REVIEW!